Saturday, March 6, 2010

Marshmallow Cookies

Yet another Daring Baker's Challenge. Marshmallow Cookies! This one was from last July. The thought of homemade marshmallows was a bit daunting, but they were much easier (and tastier) than I'd expected.

It all started with the cookie dough, which was a basic cookie recipe. I doubled the amount of cinnamon, as I do in most recipes that calls for it. After chilling it for a couple of hours, I rolled it out and used a round cookie cutter before sliding them into the oven.



While the dough had been chilling, I made the marshmallow goo:


After the cookies had baked, I let them cool awhile and then piped the marshmallows on top of each one. I tried, sometimes unsuccessfully, to pipe them in the shape of a Hershey's Kiss.

I let them cool overnight. First thing in the morning, I made the chocolate sauce and then dipped each marshmallow-topped cookie in the small river of chocolate. They were quite cute.



I don't usually like marshmallows, but I liked this homemade version. The cookie itself was tasty. A friend of mine said the entire cookie was like eating a s'more. Unfortunately, if you remember from prior posts, my digital camera's screen is broken, so I cannot view the photos immediately after taking them. The final, inner cookie photo did not work, but I'll still post what little of it that I did happen to get.

No comments:

Post a Comment